We're Looking for Volunteer Delivery Drivers
Food Box Delivery Driver - Volunteer(s)
The seniors’ emergency food box delivery program is designed to server Port Colborne / Wainfleet residents aged 55 years and up who are in need of foodbank support but are physically unable to attend foodbank and do not have anyone who is able to attend on their behalf. Pre-packed boxes of non-perishable food (dry pasta/cereals, canned soup, vegetables, beans, etc.) are prepared and delivered by volunteers on a bi-weekly basis. This volunteer position would have you deliver these boxes to our clients on a regular basis (weekly, biweekly, or monthly) to ensure that our clients receive their much needed foodbank support.
To help those in the community with social and economic needs improve their quality of life
Port Cares inspires and provides help, hope and opportunity for all in our community to achieve their potential
We provide help without judgement
We are accountable to one another
We treat everyone with respect
We work collaboratively together
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Deliver food boxes to our clients front porch or lobby, dependent on their living situation
2. Reach out to our clients by phone / door buzzer to ensure they receive their food box
3. Perform material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking of food.
4. Work collaboratively with staff, team, clients and volunteers.
5. Report any and all health and safety concerns to Team Lead/ and or Site Supervisor or any staff member at the Reach Out Centre.
6. Champion vision, mission and values of Port Cares.
7. Work as part of the Port Cares team to promote a positive image within the community.
8. Adhere to the policies and procedures of Port Cares.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and competencies
1. Valid Driver’s License & Vehicle
2. Ability to comfortability lift 15-20lbs
3. Police vulnerable sector clearance is required
4. Working cell phone would be an asset, although optional.
5. Neat appearance when delivering the packages
6. High degree of patience with others
7. Flexible, adaptable, non-judgmental and reliable
8. Proof of full vaccination is required.
1. Able to drive for longer periods of time
2. Ability to lift boxes of food and provisions that could weigh upwards to 20lbs
3. Ability and willingness to wear mask / facial covering within our facilities and potentially the homes of clients
4. Ability and willingness to complete our COVID19 jot form prior to starting your shift
5. Ability and willingness to wear personal protective equipment to safely complete the job
6. Able to withstand body positions of sitting for longer periods of time
7. Able to walk up and down many flights of stairs throughout the day
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please fill out a Volunteer Application here and indicate you're interested in the delivery/driving role - or contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.